Thanks to all who came out for the Rubén Martínez reading last night! A lot of good comments and questions were raised in response to his work and reading. A successful event! Check out photos on the Place For Writers’ Flickr page.
Also, this semester we’re going to keep the weekly Top Five feature running strong. And since it’s the start of the semester and people are getting adjusted/settled/easing in as into hot bath water, the first Top Five list is short and sweet. Though busting with EVIL! Here it is.
Top Five Literary Villans (in order of malice)
by Abbie A., first-year MFA fiction student
1. Satan/Arch Fiend, Paradise Lost, John Milton
2. Patrick Bateman, American Psycho, Bret Easton Ellis
3. Crumbling Humanity/Modern Society, “The Wasteland,” T.S. Eliot
4. Mr. Dark/The Illustrated Man, Something Wicked This Way Comes, Ray Bradbury
5. The Governess, The Turn of the Screw, Henry James
If you’d like to participate in a Top Five list (i.e., you are really into list-making), please e-mail us at the email@example.com, and we’ll send you a topic/or you can create your own.